Good Food Suppliers

Here you will find my favourite healthy food suppliers, plus a reminder of what a healthy diet truly is.

Goodness Direct

Goodness Foods

 

This a fantastically ethical, environmentally-friendly, supportive, knowledgeable and above all efficient site where you can get pretty much anything for a healthy lifestyle.

 

They stock fresh, frozen and ambient healthy foods with a definite focus on special diets. They label as much as they can on-site with full ingredients lists, nutritional detail and highlight 'vegan, gluten free, organic, no added sugar etc' so you can make safe choices easily. Here is a snapshot of a product page for you:

 

Product Details

 

Hot and spicy Arrabbiata Sauce full of strong flavour and sweet taste! Made with fresh highest quality red chillies and herbs. This spicy sauce originally comes from Italy where they have used sun ripened organic Italian tomatoes! This fantastic sauce is usually served with Penne but can be used for many other dishes.

Ingredients

Tomatoes 87%, water, olive oil, red pepper puree 2%, sugar, sea salt, garlic, chilli, parsley.

Nutritional Information

Typical values per 100g: 
Energy 309kJ/73kcal, Protein 9.1g, Carbohydrate 5.4g (of which sugars 4.8g), Fat 1.7g (of which saturates 0.4g), Dietary fibre 0.15g, Sodium 0.03g, Salt 0g.


Gluten Free, No Added Sugar, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

 

 

They also stock a whole load of non-toxic toiletry ranges, supplements and books.

 

Delivery is free over £35 (online orders) and everything comes in biodegradable boxes and takes account of the planet as much as possible.

 

The biggest reason I like them, though, is because of the way they run themselves. It is a co-op where every member of the company from floor cleaner to CEO gets the same wage.

 

They care. Simple as that. I choose to support companies like that and hope you will too.

 

Check them out and have a good browse around: Goodness Foods

 

Grass Fed Meat

Primal Meat Logo

Primal Meats

 

One of our colleagues, Caroline, was so fed up with poor quality meat, she started her own farm in the lovely Lake District to produce fully 100% grass fed pastured meats. We checked them out for grain issues, of course, for TGF peeps and they said: 

 

Our beef and lamb do not receive any grains at all throughout their lives. The breeding cattle and sheep are outdoors all the time and the young stock come into sheds in winter and are fed grass/lucerne and red clover silage which are 'pasture approved' and very nutrient dense due to their deep roots."

 

So their beef and lamb should be grain free but not their pork yet - although non grain-sensitives will of course be fine with this kind of quality meat anyway.  

 

 

Healthy Eating

A quick reminder for you...

 

Read what I think is the basis of a truly healthy diet in the Purehealth Wellbeing Diet Factsheet, which you can get for free when you sign up for the Purehealth newsletter (see top left).

 

And, for more help and tons of recipes, take a look at my recipe book How To Eat Well.

 

Remember, eat small and often, get as much colour on your plate as you can (not counting white or brown!), choose organic (especially the dirty dozen) and follow the 80/20 rule: 80% of the time eat really well and then the other 20% of the time won't matter as much!

Loading

Free Health Guide

Click the cover to get your free 30 page health guide and monthly updates...

Click here for more info on what's in it ...

News

Our most recent ebook! Click here for what's in it..

Have I Helped?

Then, please use the links on the site. Doing this helps us offer this free website and support to you and others. Thank you, we all appreciate it. Some people have asked for a donate button, which is lovely, so here it is. Thank you!

I am a member of ...

No Hassle Guarantee

I want to produce truly useful information that works for you. If you love something, let me and others know. If you purchase something and change your mind, let me know and we'll sort it. 

Copyright

Please feel free to share material from this site (not paid-for items) as long as you do not alter it and give full credit plus a link back to this site. Enjoy. 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

Important!

The information given is not meant to be a substitute for seeing a health professional. It is our opinion only, based on several years of natural medicine practice and research. We're sure you'll find it useful, but please use it wisely and always exercise common sense.

Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page
© Michaela Rose 2000-2015